Applicants must have a higher education degree equivalent to a Dutch bachelor’s degree in one of the health professions, and must have adequate command of English (as evidenced by a sufficient TOEFL or equivalent test score).
No additional evidence of sufficient command of the English language is required from applicants who:
- Are native speakers of the English language.
- Have successfully completed a Bachelor or Master of Science at a Dutch or Flemish university or professional education programme.
- Have successfully completed a Bachelor or Master of Science at a university or professional education programme in one of the following countries: Australia, Austria, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America.
All other non-native speaking applicants should enclose a copy of an IELTS test (International English Language Testing System (IELTS), TOEFL Test (Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL IBT Test), or Cambridge test that is no older than 5 years at the start of the programme.
- Applicants must submit an average IELTS score of at least 6.5 or higher and the score on each component (listening, reading, writing, and speaking) should be equal to 6 or higher.
- The total TOEFL score should be at least 90 (out of 120) and a minimum of 20 for each component (listening, reading, writing, and speaking) is required.
- The Cambridge test score should be: CAE, grade C.
Applicants are eligible for exemption, if English is their native tongue, if English language skills were tested before, or if they meet the above mentioned requirements.
When applying for the Certificate Courses, you need to submit the following documents:
• Copy of your passport (identification page)
• Photocopies of higher education diplomas
• Application form
• Copy of TOEFL or IELTS score or in case of exemption "proof of suffiency in English"
Additional requirements to enroll for the Master of Health Professions Education
*Note that, to receive course replacement for a MHPE unit, all assignments should be of high quality. This means that the certificate course needs to be completed by the participant in the scheduled time, and the student must complete the assignments before the scheduled deadlines. The participant should enroll in the MHPE programme not later than 2 years after completing a Certificate Course. To obtain a replacement for the MHPE units the participant is required to send an official request to the MHPE Exam Committee together with proof of the Course grade(s). A discount of 1,400 is awarded per unit that has already been successfully completed as a certificate course, if a participant is admitted to the MHPE programme.