3 July 2018
15 December 2017
€15,400* for MHPE Course & Book Fees to Maastricht University
*Fees are to be paid in two instalments.
About UBC Vancouver and WU London Ontario:
The Centre for Health Education Scholarship (UBC) is part of the University of British Columbia. As a global centre for research and teaching, UBC is consistently ranked among the best universities in the world. Its entrepreneurial perspective encourages students, staff and faculty to challenge convention, lead discovery and explore new ways of learning
The University of Western Ontario, more specifically the Centre for Education Research and Innovation is part of one of Canada’s largest research-intensive universities. Western University boasts researchers, teachers and graduate students who are leaders in their fields and conduct innovative research in some of the world’s most exciting and emerging areas.
An International Master of Health Professions Education Programme in Canada from the School of Health Professions Education Maastricht University (the Netherlands) delivered from Vancouver, British Columbia and London, Ontario.
The MHPE-Canada is a 2-year, half-time programme that is mostly online distance-based, but includes two 3-week campus-based courses (one per year) and thesis supervision/mentorship offered by local experts in the field.
The programme focuses on the acquisition of knowledge and skills relevant for a career in the field of education and education research for the health professions.
This two-year, internationally recognised, specialisation course will lead to a research-based Master’s degree from Maastricht University.
Graduates will be able to:
- understand and critically evaluate the theoretical and empirical literature as it relates to education for the health professions;
- design, plan and implement a relevant course for health professionals based on current principles of learning and instruction;
- demonstrate the ability to provide scientifically based advice and help to teachers, curriculum committees, or management of an educational institution;
- demonstrate teaching skills and innovation implementation skills;
- conduct an empirical study on a topic of relevance to the field, including the formulation of a question of interest, the design of the study, collection of reliable and valid data, elementary statistical analyses relevant to the data collected and writing a report on the findings. Alternatively, one can choose to design an assessment plan, skills training programme or course, applying the principles underlying the design, planning, implementation and evaluation plan.
Associate Professor, Medicine/ Associate Director, Centre for Education Research & Innovation (WU)
Associate Professor, Medicine/ Senior Scholar, Centre for Health Education Scholarship (UBC)
The MHPE-Canada programme is open to students who have acquired a university degree in one of the health professions (e.g., health sciences, medicine, nursing, physiotherapy, dentistry, pharmacy, speech therapy). A competitive admissions process will be run each fall.
- Statement of Intent (max. 2 pages)
- Current CV
- Letter of Support (max. 2 pages) from department or programme chair outlining support for protected time
- Description of an Educational Problem or Issue that interests the applicant (max. 1 page)
For more details: please email email@example.com