We proudly present the SHE Academy 2021 programme. Registration is now open!
SHE Academy is a community building conference for SHE PhD candidates, SHE alumni, SHE PhD supervisors and SHE staff.
This is your opportunity to connect and learn with your international peers, SHE PhD candidates and alumni. The programme runs for three weeks in April, at three 1.5 hour sessions a week, from which you can pick and choose. See the programme highlights below, and consult the full programme here.
- Opening session on diversity and inclusivity at SHE, featuring a keynote by SHE alumnus Javeed Sukhera on navigating sensitive conversations about equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging.
- Varied offer of parallel workshops in three tracks - Career track, Research Presentation track, and Methodology track - offered by highly experienced facilitators. To name a few:
- Lorelei Lingard on writing a qualitative results section
- Diana Dolmans & Juliette Beuken on design-based research
- Anthony Artino on how to publish your paper in health profession education
- Anique Atherley on scoping reviews
- Renee Stalmeijer & Subha Ramani on qualitative data analysis
- SHE Collaborates on the societal relevance of your research
- Human Care Capital on increasing our energy level in times of strain
- And more!
- Themed round table sessions in which all PhD candidates get a chance to discuss their research with peers and SHE staff members in an informal atmosphere
- A session on the what, why and how of Open Science, and how it can help make your research stronger and more visible
- The kick off of SHE’s new Scientific Integrity Cafe
- Our closing session in which we celebrate our journeys as health professions education researchers
FEE AND SCHOLARSHIP
To cover support and registration costs, we are asking for a fee of 100 euros to be paid when registering. Note that we award five SHE Scholarships to PhD candidates in resource-constrained settings to waive this fee. On the SHE website you can find more information about this scholarship and the application procedure.
Looking forward to seeing you there! For questions, please contact Nicky Verleng at email@example.com.
Best wishes, SHE Academy organizing committee Anique Atherley, Juliëtte Beuken, Erik Driessen, Julio César García Casallas, Janneke Frambach, David Thomas, Nicky Verleng
Join the SHE research community
The SHE researchers form a community of researchers that all aim to conduct high-quality research in the health sciences. In order to further strengthen the ties between all researchers, several activities are organised for PhD candidates and SHE staff.
The SHE Academy is a bi-annual research- and community-building conference. The SHE Academy gives PhD candidates and SHE staff members the opportunity to get to know each other and each other’s research. Furthermore, PhD candidates and SHE researchers can attend relevant workshops.
Special Interest Groups
Finally, PhD candidates are encouraged to attend international conferences on research in medical and health sciences education and preferably present papers or posters on the research, as this provides excellent opportunities to form contacts with other researchers. Many SHE researchers attend the AMEE and APMEC, so these provide excellent opportunities to make an appointment to meet your supervisor face-to-face.