New Course on Enabling Learning- A Professional Development Course for Health Professional Educators
Why this course/program?
You’ve probably had experiences as a learner that you considered “useless” or a waste of your time because you felt you didn’t ‘learn’. On the other hand, you’ve also probably had learning experiences that you found truly valuable and rewarding – you still remember those lessons and have used what you learned over and over in your professional (and maybe even personal) life.
As a teacher (trainer, educator, or facilitator), you now have the noble responsibility of helping others acquire knowledge and skills that they will apply in their professional lives. And you want to make sure that you do a good job of enabling learning, so that your learners will find their experience with you rich, rewarding, and valuable. The good news is, being a good teacher - making it easy for people to learn - is a skill that you can learn.
Who is this program for?
This continuing professional development program has been developed for health professional educators (trainers of health professionals). This program is best for you if you have a deep desire to be a better teacher than you are right now…
- To be the type of teacher that can make even the most boring or difficult subject come alive for your students
- The type of teacher that helps your students learn - and not simply memorize stuff to pass exams - but truly learn and understand the subject
- You want to help your students learn how to learn, so that they can keep updating their knowledge when things change
Becoming a better teacher
This professional development course for health professional educators (trainers of health professionals) offers basics of teaching and learning. In each learning cycle (module) the participants will be introduced to principles, ideas, and techniques to ‘enabling learning’ with a strong focus on experiential learning – learning by doing. The cycles will touch on the following thematic areas:
- Preparing for learning
- Planning learning
- Facilitating learning
- Assessing learning
- Program/course evaluation
We have designed this program in a way that requires the partakers to reflect on – and immediately apply what they are learning to their teaching and / or training responsibilities. There are face-to-face as well as online learning components in a blended learning program. Although the online course will run over a period of about six months, the face-to-face sessions of 3 days will take place at the beginning and at the end of the course.
Facts and figures
- Participants:This course is offered for teams of participants from the same or collaborating training institutions
- The minimum number of participants for each course is 10 per training team. The maximum number of participants for each course is 20
- Study load: 4-8 hours per week for six months
- Dates: Subject to agreement
- Application deadline: At least 4 months before the intended start date
- Course fee: €3500 per person in a group of min 10 participants
- To apply, please contact SHE Collaborates Email: firstname.lastname@example.org