Starting a course or degree programme with SHE is a new and exciting experience.
To support prospective students as much as possible, SHE staff members want to provide you with their help and their services.
Please check first the frequently asked questions to find your information when dealing with questions concerning application, registration, termination of registration, service at the airport or railway station, housing and living in the city of Maastricht, sports and general student facilities.
Via this website you will find all information about the above issues. However, if you still have any questions or need advice don’t hesitate to contact us.
Newsletter: SHE Communicates
Stay connected with SHE Subscribe to SHE Communicates
SHE Communicates is for all those interested in health professions education, for current course participants, future participants, our alumni and other interested parties. SHE Communicates covers topics in health professions education and offers insights into the various ways in which medical education and research is structured and organised in different countries. The newsletter keeps you abreast of the latest news in the field, with columns, videos, opinions and about the SHE programmes by announcing new dates of our short courses, degree programmes and will be introducing SHE course staff. Experiences of teachers, our alumni and partners in the field of health professions education are also portrayed.
SHE AT MAASTRICHT UNIVERSITY
SHE is a graduate School of the Faculty of Health, Medicine and life Sciences of Maastricht University
In 2008, the Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences and the academic hospital Maastricht (azM) merged into the eight academic medical centre of the Netherlands: Maastricht University Medical Centre (MUMC+). MUMC+ is the first academic medical centre combining the functions of academic and regional hospital. FHML has over 3000 staff and annually educates more than 5100 students. The goals and ambitions of Maastricht UMC+ are explained in the strategic plan for 2020 'Healthy Living'.
Fast Facts about the Faculty of Health Medicine and Life Sciences
- 6 Research Schools, 3 Interfacultary Institutes and 42 research departments.
- SHE is one of the 6 FHML Research schools
- Home to over 5,163 students and 3,000 staff, of which almost 40% comes from abroad
- 4 bachelor's programmes and 15 master's programmes
- Part of Maastricht University Medical Centre (MUMC+)
- Large international partner network
PhD training programmes at FHML/MUMC+
The aim of the PhD education programme at the Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences (FHML) / Maastricht UMC+ is to promote development of a high level of competence in the specific research field, but also in more generic, transferrable skills that are important for high-level professional careers in research, education, and clinical practice.
More information about PhD training programmes at FHML
Fast FHML PhD Facts
- About 1200 PhD candidates; more than half of them with a FHML/MUMC+ contract and many external PhDs
- All PhD research is embedded in a School or Institute
- Every PhD candidate has a Personal Research Plan and Training & Supervision Plan and receives expert supervision
- All PhDs and supervisors are registered in the PhD TRACK system